We are looking for a talented Animation Programmer to join our team and create high quality animation code for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated animation programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free multiplayer animation code in a modern 3D game engine.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free, multiplayer animation code to meet design requirements.
- Work with the lead programmer and technical director to architect and implement low level animation systems that support the needs of our game engine in the long term.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, playtest, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness and fun factor.
- Collaborate with designers and animators to understand and implement features that are functional, easy to use, and support the vision of the game.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert proficiency with C++ and/or Java.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience writing both high level and low level animation systems.
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of video game genres and a technical understanding of how animation systems are implemented.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Experience with animation or rigging using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Experience with other programming disciplines such as gameplay and AI.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com, subject "Animation Programmer".
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)