We are looking for a talented and experienced Engine Programmer to join our team and create high quality engine systems to support the needs of our game projects. We are a technology focused company with an experienced programming team and an advanced proprietary game engine.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated engine programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free code that is robust and capable of supporting a variety of complex 3D multiplayer games.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Work with the technical director to oversee and implement high level architecture decisions to meet the long term goals of our proprietary game engine.
- Research academic papers to stay informed on latest technology trends to advance our engine for future projects.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free code.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, test, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness, and ease of use.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to understand and implement engine systems that are functional, easy to use, and support the needs of our company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of game engine development experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Expert proficiency with C++.
- Expertise architecting robust, well-written, and efficient solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial C++ 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and exceptional communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games and engine systems.
How to Apply
- Experience with modeling, animation, or rigging using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Experience programming in Java.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Senior Engine Programmer".
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)