Senior Graphics Programmer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Graphics Programmer to join our team and enhance our advanced custom renderer to support the needs of our game projects. We are a technology focused company with an experienced programming team and an modern proprietary game engine aiming to create realistic visuals.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated graphics programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free code that is on the cutting edge of technology in the space of real-time rendering.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Implement low level graphics systems from the ground up in a proprietary engine.
- Research academic papers to stay informed on latest trends in advanced real-time rendering.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free graphics code.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, test, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness, and efficiency.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to understand and implement graphics systems that are functional, easy to use, and support the needs of our engine.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of graphics engine development experience on shipped products.
- Expert proficiency with C++ and HLSL using a DirectX 12 renderer.
- Deep knowledge of advanced, low-level graphics systems, including lighting, shading, and post processing.
- An eye for visuals and understanding of the technology required to achieve photorealistic real-time rendering.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial C++ 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and exceptional communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games and engine systems.
How to Apply
- Experience writing platform specific graphics code the latest consoles.
- Experience programming in Java.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Senior Graphics Programmer".
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)