We are looking for a talented Level Designer to join our team and create high quality 3D playing environments for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated level designer able to create cohesive, beautiful, and most importantly, fun play spaces for a multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Utilize a modern 3D game engine to design and block out fun and visually appealing play environments.
- Technical setup of triggers, interactions, events, and AI encounters to support the needs of gameplay.
- Decorate levels with 3D models, visual effects, decals, and lights, resulting in a beautiful, yet functional play space.
- Participate in design discussions to develop a fun and unique multiplayer experience.
- Play test, modify, debug, and optimize levels based on gameplay, artistic, and technical feedback.
- Expertise using proprietary or commercial 3D game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality 3D levels from blockout through to final set dressing.
- Technical proficiency in developing bug-free trigger and event sequences.
- Deep knowledge of systems and level design over a wide range of video game genres.
- Understand and adhere to technical performance and memory considerations on modern hardware.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Experience creating multiplayer levels with both exterior and interior areas.
- Experience with 3D modeling or rigging using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects and particle systems.
- Background in traditional 2D art and illustration.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com, subject "Level Designer".
- Portfolio demonstrating 3D levels you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)