We are looking for a talented Character Artist to join our team and create high quality 3D characters for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated character artist capable of producing stunning and lifelike 3D characters for a multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Create realistic high and low polygon 3D characters including facial features and accurately proportioned bodies.
- Create UVMaps, textures, and materials for characters following a PBR pipeline.
- Create clothing variations and accessories for characters.
- Build morph targets / blend shapes to support facial expressions.
- Modify and optimize characters based on artistic feedback, animation needs, or technical limitations.
- Expertise sculpting in Zbrush.
- Expertise modeling high and low polygon 3D models using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Expertise creating textures using a physically based materials system such as Substance painter and designer.
- Ability to create realistic hair models and textures that are optimized for video games.
- Experience modeling clothing using tools such as Marvelous Designer.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient meshes and textures.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Ability to create 2D illustrations and concepts for characters.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Senior Character Artist".
- Portfolio demonstrating high-poly and low-poly characters and textures that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)