We are looking for a talented Sound Designer to join our team and create a high quality soundscape for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated sound designer capable of producing believable sound effects, ambiences, and balanced mixing for a multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Create custom gameplay and ambient sound effects for a modern 3D video game.
- Integrate sound effects into levels and animations using a game editor.
- Adjust audio parameters to create a balanced and believable audio mix.
- Modify and optimize sound effects based on constructive feedback or technical needs.
- Expertise creating sound effects using industry standard software (such as Pro Tools).
- Expertise recording and mixing real-world sounds.
- Ability to design new sounds for fantasy or sci-fi environments.
- Understanding of advanced digital signal processing such as reverb, EQ, and filters.
- Keen ear for sound balance and able to create a dynamic audio mix for a multiplayer video game.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient audio files.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience with music composition.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Sound Designer".
- Demo reel featuring sound effects you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)