We are looking for a talented Server Programmer to join our team and create high quality server code for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free server code in support of a large scale 3D multiplayer game.
Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances.
- Deploy and architect scalable server technology to support a large number of global concurrent users in a fast-paced multiplayer game.
- Create and maintain back-end DevOps systems to gather telemetry, monitor performance, manage updates, and deploy content to end users.
- Design, implement, and maintain clear, concise, bug-free server code to meet the needs of a large multiplayer game.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, test, and verify code to ensure correctness and robustness.
- Collaborate with the technical director and game client programmers to ensure design and performance requirements are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert proficiency with C++ and/or Java.
- Experience using modern cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure to support game servers.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience writing multiplayer game code.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Experience with other programming disciplines such as graphics, gameplay, and physics.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com, subject "Server Programmer".
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)