We are looking for a talented UI programmer to join our team and develop high quality UI systems for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated UI programmer able to write concise, logical, bug-free UI code in a modern 3D game engine.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances. Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
- Implement and maintain clear, concise, bug-free, UI code to meet design requirements.
- Work alongside UI artists and game designers to create logical, fluid, accessible menus, HUD, and other interactive features such as minigames.
- Debug, optimize, or modify code to adhere to quality, readability, and reliability standards.
- Review, playtest, and verify code to ensure correctness, robustness and fun factor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert proficiency with C++ and/or Java.
- Experience writing and debugging code inside a proprietary or commercial 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience writing code-driven UI systems with responsive layouts.
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of video games as well as an understanding of what makes an excellent user interface.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional technical ability and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Comfortable with Photoshop.
- Experience with other programming disciplines such as graphics and gameplay.
You will need to provide:
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com
, subject "UI Programmer".
Read more about why you should work at Tactic.