3D Environment Artist
We are looking for a talented 3D artist to create environment assets for an unannounced project. It is a fully 3D, first-person game set in a science fiction universe.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated artist able to create stunning, realistic environments.
- Full-time position.
- May work remotely.
- Create high and low polygon 3D environment assets for exteriors and interiors.
- Create UVMaps and high quality textures (including diffuse, normal, specular, and emissive where necessary) for your assets.
- Develop a beautiful, cohesive layout for the 3D assets, resulting in a realistic, immersive play space.
- Modify and optimize assets based on artistic feedback and performance or memory limitations.
- Expertise modeling and texturing 3D assets using Max or Maya, Zbrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop.
- Possess a keenly critical eye for colour, texture, shading, and level layout.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient meshes and textures.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
How to Apply
- Familiarity with modern lighting models, physically-based material systems, and shaders.
- Background in traditional 2D art and illustration.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects and particle systems.
- Experience with modern 3D game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- A love of science fiction.
You will need to provide:
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "3D Environment Artist".
- Portfolio demonstrating high-poly and low-poly 3D assets and textures that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Read more about why you should work at Tactic.